As of January 1, 2018, we are located at the Charlestown Marina! 1 Pier 8, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129
Until we can provide more detailed directions from points north, south, and west, you can simply plug the address above into your GPS or mapping program!
ONCE IN CHARLESTOWN:
Take Chelsea Street past the USS Constitution and Navy Yard to your right. The Tobin Bridge will eventually be above and to your left.
At the 4th stop light, turn right onto 13th Street and go down the hill where you can enter the Spaulding Parking Garage (THE BEST PARKING OPTION), or continue down 13th street (crossing 1st Avenue) if you wish to drop off someone at the circle just prior to the Charlestown Marina entrance.
The primary and BEST place to park is within the Spaulding Rehab Center’s large (and reasonably priced) parking garage, located just two blocks away from the Charlestown Marina entrance.
Street parking is mostly for residents only, BUT there are many places that have metered parking when you are just visiting for shorter amounts of time.
Weekday (M, T, W or T, W, Th) sailing courses/club members might be able to park within the actual marina lot for a fee! I will learn more about this option asap!
WALKING TO OUR CLASSROOM:
After parking, walk south along 13th Street until to get to the Marina gate. The marina office and restrooms are located immediately to your left. Black Rock’s classroom and office is located in the building out at the end of the Pier 8. You will see our signage as you approach the building!
WHERE TO MEET:
- Plan on meeting inside our office/classroom at the pre-determined time UNLESS I have specifically instructed you to meet down at the docks.
- Please allow extra time for traffic and parking to avoid disrupting the class.
NOTE ON LUNCHES DURING CLASS:
- We highly recommend that you bring a lunch since delis and cafes are few and far between.
- We will take an 30+ minute lunch break on day one to digest the morning classroom session. On day two and three, the lunch breaks could be less than 30 minutes.
- Always bring a water bottle or two to stay hydrated. Don’t forget layers and sunscreen!
OUR COURSE POLICIES ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE UNDER “CONTACT US!”