Thinking of buying a boat? Put our years of sales experience to work! We can work as a buyer’s broker – at no cost to you! Many yacht brokerage firms and/or charter companies have disguised themselves as a sailing school to ultimately try and sell more boats. At Black Rock, we have never lost our focus, and will always be a sailing school first! However, since 1998, we have found great satisfaction in “completing the cycle” by helping a few graduates each year find the boat of their dreams, and then provide private instruction aboard their new vessel before they “leave the nest.”
Brenton started his yacht delivery service while attending Maine Maritime Academy in the early to mid-90’s. Since then, he has had the opportunity to sail hundreds of types of sailboats – giving him unique and valuable insight on what boat might work for different folks. We have no affiliation with any particular brand, so we are in an excellent position to offer unbiased advice on any make or model!
Between 1998 & 2004, Brenton found himself helping dozens of his graduates find their ideal sailboat. Each time, he got more involved in the process until he was doing all of the work before handing his client over to a yacht broker in the 11th hour to legally and efficiently close the deal.
As more and more boats were sold, Brenton realized that brokering is the next step in a natural progression for an experienced sailing instructor, and in 2005, Brenton moved to Marblehead, MA to start working as a yacht broker at Hill & Lowden, Inc. where he sold new J/Boats and pre-owned vessels of any make, model, and size. Hill & Lowden are true professionals and they showed Brenton the ropes, and taught him most of the nuances of selling boats with integrity.
Since 2010, Brenton has been working with Advantage Yacht Sales as a buyer’s broker for a few of his graduates each year. AYS is another truly professional brokerage. Since yacht sales is not Brenton’s primary income, he has no need to be pushy, and truly enjoys using his experience to help his students navigate through options and walk them through the purchase process.
We only work with people whom we have spent enough time to fully understand their needs and goals.
HERE IS HOW WE CAN HELP YOU REACH YOUR DREAMS:
Our six step program is designed to meet anybody’s sailing needs and will provide you with:
- Quality sailing instruction at any level
- A quality sailing club to help you gain experience
- Quality yacht broker services. We will work as your “buyer’s broker” at no cost to you!
- Let us evaluate your needs and discuss your goals.
- Gain valuable advice while we help narrow your search
- Let us view boats with you to discuss pros/cons of each boat and provide a pre-survey to assess if the boat is worth pursuing or not.
- Walk you through how to make an offer by providing valuable sales history on a make an model.
- Walk you through the purchasing process from making an offer, getting a survey, vessel acceptance, obtaining financing /insurance, and closing.
- Provide advice on owning a boat, like maintenance schedules, where to store the boat, etc. As a valued customer, we will continue to be a resource for years to come.
- Professional yacht delivery services anywhere along the US East Coast and Caribbean.
- We can help you get your boat to it’s new home port.
- We can help you get your boat to the port of your dreams.
- Instructional deliveries aboard your own boat are always an option!
- Specialized instruction aboard your own private vessel
- Close quarters maneuvering
- Better docking techniques
- Better anchoring techniques
- Reefing and storm preparation
- Boat systems operation (electronics, engine, water, mechanical)
Contact us to discuss YOUR goals!